Recycling is Collected Every Second Week
Changes to collections for Christmas & New Year
Christmas Day & New Years day falls on a Monday for this calendar schedule so rubbish and recycling will be picked up a day later from your normal recycling day:
- E.g. your normal collection day falls on Monday the 25th of December, this will mean your collection day will be one day later, Tuesday.
- If your normal collection day is a Tuesday it will be picked up on Wednesday and so on throughout the week.
- This changed collection schedule will continue through the New year week and return to normal collection 8th of January 2018
Important Recycling Information
- Small blue bin for glass
- Large yellow top wheelie bin for recycling
- Needs to be on the kerb by 7.00am
- Please wash all recyclables, it really helps us.
Items that are NOT recyclable:
- Buckets, milk and bread crates, fish bins and other similar items
- Oil and fuel containers, dangerous goods containers
- Bulky car parts, outdoor furniture items, plumbing or agriculture pipe and fittings, electrical conduit and fittings
- Polystyrene-based items such as meat trays, disposable drink cups, takeaway food containers and packaging materials
- Clear plastic film such as food wrap etc
- Plastic with cloth material, rubber or metal attached
- Plant pots, any plastic that has had soil, potting mix or compost in it.
- Egg cartons (these have already been recycled and cannot be recycled again.)
- Glass (to be placed in the blue bin)
- Disposable nappies
- Bubble wrap
- Clothing and shoes
Another resource for more information on recycling is the NCC Recycling website.
For further Frequently asked questions take a look here.