Recycling is Collected Every Second Week
Changes to collections for Christmas & New Year
For the 2020 - 2021 Recycling Calendar click here
Christmas Day and New Year’s Day fall on Friday so rubbish and
recycling will be picked up a day later from your normal recycling day, Saturday.
Important Recycling Information
- Small blue bin for glass
- Recycling must be in the appropriate container - not in plastic bags and not stacked on top of or beside the wheelie bin.
- Large yellow top wheelie bin for recycling
- Needs to be on the kerb by 7.00am
- Please wash all recyclables, it really helps us.
- Overfilled or non-rigid glass recycling containers will not be collected.
- The blue glass recycling crates should only be filled to the lip of the crate, with contents flush with the top.
- The weight of the container must not exceed 14kg.
- Soft sided or flexible plastic containers can no longer be collected as glass is now manually sorted at the collection truck and this creates risks for staff.
Items that are NOT collected:
- Items with plastic numbers 3, 4, 6 and 7
- Buckets, milk and bread crates, fish bins and other similar items
- Oil and fuel containers, dangerous goods containers
- Bulky car parts, outdoor furniture items, plumbing or agriculture pipe and fittings, electrical conduit and fittings
- Polystyrene-based items such as meat trays, disposable drink cups, takeaway food containers and packaging materials
- Clear plastic film such as food wrap etc
- Plastic with cloth material, rubber or metal attached
- Plant pots, any plastic that has had soil, potting mix or compost in it.
- Egg cartons (these have already been recycled and cannot be recycled again.)
- Glass (to be placed in the blue bin)
- Disposable nappies
- Bubble wrap
- Clothing and shoes
Another resource for more information on recycling is the NCC Recycling website.
For further Frequently asked questions take a look here.