Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Nelmac Ltd is a New Zealand company
- All prices and charges are in New Zealand dollars.
- Currency exchange rates are determined by the credit card processor.
- All prices include NZ Goods and Services Tax (G.S. T.) of 15%
- Your cardholder statement will show Nelmac Ltd as the merchant
Betta - Bins accepts payment via:
- Electronic transfer
- Credit and debit card. Visa & MasterCard
Terms & Conditions for the supply of refuse collection services
- These are the standard terms and conditions which apply to any contract for refuse collection services between you (the customer) and NELMAC LIMITED (Nelmac) the provider.
- While these terms and conditions may be changed from time to time, the terms which apply to your contract will be those that were current at the time your contract was confirmed.
- By submitting your order for refuse collection services you will be bound by these terms and conditions. Any subsequent variation of these terms can only be made by agreement in writing.
- The cost of services will be that which is set out on Nelmac’s website, which costs are current at the time your order is confirmed.
How to Pay
- You can pay for your collection services by cheque, electronic transfer or by credit card. Credit card purchases can be made through our website.
5.1 Some payment schedules will have a minimum number of payments.
Delivery of Bins
- Once payment for your refuse collection service has been confirmed a suitable bin will be delivered for your chosen service within seven working days.
- Weekly collection services for 120 litre and 240 litre bins are rostered for separate geographic areas within Nelson. You will be advised of the appropriate collection date and schedule when your bin is delivered. You will be advised of any changes to those details through the local newspapers and/or Nelmac’s website from time to time. You may also be advised of any permanent changes to the scheduled dates for refuse collection by post. You can check with Nelmac directly by calling the office during normal working hours or consulting the website news section.
- The cost and collection dates for larger bins including 660 litre and/or 1,100 litre bins will be determined by individual agreement and paid on invoice.
- These terms and conditions shall be read subject to the terms of any such specific individual agreement.
10 Where bin is supplied to a customer by a third party (e.g. by a landlord) the responsibility and liability for the bin and payments lies with the third party .Any changes to service etc can only be discussed with the third party.
11.1 Nelmac will uplift your refuse (or greenwaste in the case of a greenwaste bin) from the bin which is placed on the kerbside of the nominated address during the scheduled time and date stipulated for collection.
11.2 Collection is at any time between 7am and 6pm on the scheduled day
11.3 Nelmac will not enter private property to collect residential bins.
11.4 Where a bin is to be collected from a Right-of-Way Nelmac will review the access and make a determination as to whether it is safe for trucks to enter the Right-of-way. If Nelmac decides that it is not, the bin must be left Kerbside.
11.5 Nelmac will take care not to damage the bin, and empty the bin completely before returning it to the customer. Where Nelmac damages the bin Nelmac will replace the bin.
11.6 After emptying, the bin will be returned to approximately the same position by Nelmac for collection by the customer.
11.7 Nelmac operates a computerised tracking system in the collection vehicles, and where the system reads that a vehicle has collected at a defined time and location Nelmac will consider this completion of service.
- The customer will;
(a) Not fill the bin above the level of the rim
(b) Ensure the bin does not contain any hazardous waste including any solvents or solids which are toxic, flammable, explosive or corrosive and/or which may be harmful to Nelmac staff or the environment.
(c) Not use or allow the bins to be used for any purpose other than the collection and storage of non-hazardous waste.
(d) Not allow any fire to be set or started in a bin or allow hot ashes or oxidising agents to be placed in any bin.
(e) To ensure the bin is maintained in a satisfactory state of repair.
(f) Ensure that where any alternative location for collection is specified that clear and unimpeded access is available.
12.1 Where the customer is in breach of any one or more of the obligations listed above, Nelmac (without limiting its other remedies) may decline to uplift the refuse.
13.1. Where the bin is rented and Nelmac retains ownership of the bin, the customer will be liable for any damage, destruction or loss of the bin (fair wear and tear excepted).
13.2. Where the customer in contravention of the terms of this agreement allows the bin to contain any hazardous waste the customer will be liable for the cost of containment and disposal of that waste and any necessary repair or reinstatement of the bin and/or equipment as well as any penalties or liability incurred by Nelmac in the process of disposal or attempted disposal of the hazardous waste.
- Where collection dates fall on public holidays Nelmac will advise clients in advance of any alternative collection dates by notice in the local newspaper and/or through the website. If customers are unsure of the correct collection date they may check with Nelmac through its website or contact its offices directly during normal working hours.
Refunds & Returns Policy
- No refunds will be issued.
15.1 Where, upon completion of the collection contract a bin is not returned or returned in an unusable state, Nelmac will charge the customer for the bin.
End of Service
16 Where a customer wants to discontinue the collection service (even if coinciding with an end of a contract term) they must supply 14 days notice so that retrieval of the bin can be arranged.
- You have provided personal information to Nelmac in the course of ordering your refuse collection services and providing payment. Nelmac will not use any personal information that it has collected by this means for any purpose other than that for which it was provided. The customer is entitled to obtain copies of such information on request and to ask for correction of such information if necessary.
- The contract for the provision of refuse collection services will be governed by the laws of New Zealand. All payments will be made in NZ$. If any part of this agreement is held to unenforceable the balance of the agreement shall remain in full force.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
These terms were published 1 Aug 2017.